VIDEOS ON COYOTE BEHAVIORS, GUIDELINES & DOGS:
A ONE-STOP INFORMATION VIDEO on urban coyotes: coyote behavior and how to coexist with them, how to handle encounters, and why killing them does not solve issues. Press https://youtu.be/euG7R11aXq0 to go directly to YouTube. [Condensed version: http://youtu.be/1Kxl31nX0rc]
Para la versión en Español, haz clic aquí: http://youtu.be/FjVGKwLiYG4;
*Please note our protocol change (not in our video) for when walking a dog: The best policy is TOTAL AVOIDANCE: Whether you see a coyote in the distance, approaching you, or at close range, leash your dog and walk away from it, avoiding any kind of confrontation or engagement. This will minimize the potential for dog/coyote interactions. If you feel inclined to shoo it away — following the guidelines in the videos, you may try this, but our preferred approach now is TOTAL AVOIDANCE.
LINKS TO UNDERSTANDING COYOTE BEHAVIOR + DOGS:
- Safety Around Coyotes, plus dog safety
- Coyote Coexistence & Behavior — an update of what to expect & what to do, especially if you have a dog.
- Pupping Season: What Behaviors to Expect If You Have A Dog and What You Can Do.
- Pupping Season: “Scary” Does Not Translate Into “Dangerous”, But Heed The Message!
- What Is Going On With A Coyote Which Appears “Bolder” Than Normal?
- NOT Signs of “An Escalation of Aggressive Behavior”
- Responding to Recent Postings on Social Media: A Recap of Some Urban Coyote Behaviors and Some Explanations
- Motion Reactivity in Coyotes
- For more information on dogs and coyotes, type DOG or DOGS (plural) into the “search” box at the top right of the blog to bring up many dog/coyote related postings with a lot of information to increase understanding of dogs and coyotes. I don’t know why using plural brings up different articles, but it does!
- “Don’t Haze, AVOID”: How To Handle A Coyote Encounter: A Primer (text version); or flyer version as seen below.
- CoyoteCoexistence.com for additional coexistence information.